Deep Thought of the Day

I may look like a fool, but I feel fine.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Signs that I am Getting sooooooo OLD! (not in any particular order):
  1. I don't recognize more than half of the punk bands that are on the top 40 list. [Is Eve 6 even a band??? I don't know anymore... also, all the new and upcoming celebrities are about 4+ years YOUNGER than me now]
  2. All my favourite "contemporary" bands had their first hit albums in the early-mid 90s [that would be an ENTIRE DECADE AGO!!!] ... in fact some of those bands don't even exist anymore!
  3. At clubs, me and my friends now say: Woaw, look at those kids. We didn't look that young when we were 19. [Did we??? I wonder if those kids are like "Look at those grown-ups, why are they still going to clubs?"... ]
  4. More than half the time, I will stay in to do nothing rather then go through the "hassle" of going out...
  5. I can no longer pull all-nighters (to study). Basically, my body just doesn't think it's worth it anymore. Those extra percentage points are not worth sacrificing sleep over...
  6. Potterybarn and Williams-Sonoma are on my top 10 places to shop list... [or at least to browse, since I am still a poor student].
  7. I am seriously contemplating investing in some wrinkle-prevention creams. Although, crows feet looks terribly good on some men... it just looks terrible on most women.
  8. My "baby" brother isn't a teenager anymore.
  9. I am losing entire events in my long term memory... I swear that I do not remember a single detail of The Sleeping Beauty, but I do remember being at the ballet. [Hopefully, I will be able to remember the upcoming performance of the Nutcracker...]
  10. I am losing my hearing. I am always saying, "What?! What?!" and I'm not imitating lil' Jon.

Have you ever smelled the flesh of your face burning? I have. And it's not quite like chicken.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

... and those annoying grey hairs that are pointed out by even more annoying younger siblings certainly dont help the feeling old ...

- becki -

4:31 p.m.  
Blogger Ryan said...

At least your hair is not falling out!

And to join you in the music thing...I spent the afternoon the other day listening to The Offspring "Smash" and Green Day "Dookie"...wow...

-R

12:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
online college search