Deep Thought of the Day

I may look like a fool, but I feel fine.

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Merry Holidays With the Kim's:

So, my parents have officially lost it. That is, under the assumption that they had it in the first place.

Here, "it", refers to "sanity".

I asked my dad to give me a wake-up call at 10:00a so that I would get up in time to catch a decent timed bus.
However, they came down to Toronto to pick me up from my place, unannounced. They arrived around 11:30a.
All this, because I accidently didn't turn my phone on [it was charging because the batteries were dead].

Apparently, they thought that I was "up to something" and rushed down to "catch me in the act".

What they caught me doing was sleeping in - in a big way. Doorbells were going off, things were being thrown at my window (if it's broken, I know who will be footing the bill, and I'm ashamed to say that it ain't a frat boy), and endless calls were placed (to my dead phone).

I finally awoke to a full-mailbox, 5 psychotic voice messages, and my parents waiting to take me home.

A little eager... but I suppose some parents could be that way.

When we get home, what do they do???
My dad leaves immediately to meet with some friends and my mom leaves an hour later with a different friend.

Leaving me, alone, with no house keys, no car, no food... in their house.
Thanks a lot crazies... the merry holidays have begun... and I thought that it would be nice for a change not to be couped up inside a building because of work all winter...

At least they have cable.

2 Comments:

Blogger S_Sunny_S said...

Oh Carol!
I think your parents have been talking to my father circa grade 12. Have no fear! I am always willing to keep you entertained but cable - I can't compete with that. :P

6:12 p.m.  
Blogger ~* BossC *~ said...

For those of you who have inquired: YES, I was "sleeping in" ALONE!...

Otherwise, I'd be spending a Merry Holiday in the ICU.

3:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
online college search